The Good Things in Life Come in Small Packages

Today I woke up at 7 -- despite it being a public holiday. Rugby practice at 7:30. Arrived at 7:40. Arrived at the same time with Dagan. We arrived at the same time & we were the first to show up. After most of the team showed up, we started warm-ups and training. At around 10-11, the MSU kids showed up and we had a small friendly. Played 4 quarters and 10 a-side. We lost 5-1. Not bad considering we went up against college kids. We wrapped up at 12. There goes half-a-day. One of my teammate's dad is MY dad's classmate. Talked with him a bit.

At home, I down a can of Hansen's Ginger Ale. Damn those things are good. Better than 100 plus if you're exhausted. Before hitting the shower, I helped my mom to prepare mashed potato. Then I offered to help with the pan-fried meat, only to get shooed away. Hehe. Lunch was awesome. Then again, it's my mom who cooked mostly, I shouldn't be surprised. What I was surprised by however is that my mashed potato turned out so good. Though my mom threw in a few ingridients but compared to what my mom did for dinner, it wasn't the same. Strange isn't it?

Anyway, something came up last minute so I had to miss Friday prayers. Sorry, Arif. Afterwards, I sat out on the terrace on our newly received garden furniture and browsed the net on my laptop. Hehehe. I love my HP Mini. It's spectacular. Then my lil bro played PS3 so I watched. We had snack while watching Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa with my mom. She hadn't gotten around to watching it.

It has been a simple, stay-at-home day. Well, mostly stay-at-home. But it's been great. Good food, good game, good life. Alhamdulillah.

Now I am wrapping up this post while listening to Tush by ZZ Top.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreaming of Edward Cullen, Girls?

The Last Weekend

The Pain. The Harrowing Pain. And the Anger