Religiously, I cannot endorse homosexuality. However, the recent flurry of posts regarding a supposed guideline endorsed by the Ministry of Education offends me as to how shallow & simple minded they are when it comes to identifying homosexuals. Their list pretty much includes majority of Malaysia. -,-
Each category only has four items or guidelines. Yes, there are only four things. Who knew homosexuals were so easily identifiable, eh?
Just to quote & comment. Quoted is in red italic while comment is not. :)
Symptoms for gays
- Have a muscular body and like to show their body by wearing v-necks and sleeveless shirts. This applies to pretty much our ENTIRE athletic contingent. Is the government implying they are gay? Also, straight men do it to attract girls because let's face it, a well toned body is a big ego booster for men, and an attraction for women.
- Prefer tight, and light colored clothes. I tend to wear a white shirt and khakis to casual events where looking smart and respectable is important. And I do appreciate well fitting clothes. Holy shit I must be gay. -_____- So men are suddenly only allowed to wear baggy, dark clothes.
- Like to bring big handbags, similar to those used by women, when hanging out. Call me ignorant but I have NEVER seen a man with a big handbag before. Manbags? Sure. But never a big handbag.
- Attracted to men.
Symptoms of lesbians:
- Besides their female companions, will distance themselves from other women. Huh. You would think lesbians would be attracted to other women...
- Like to hang out, have meals and sleep in the company of women. So... women have to risk being labelled 'easy' to avoid being labelled 'homosexual'. Well that's just conveniently chauvinistic, isn't it?
- Have no affection for men.
- Attracted to women. Items number 3 & 4 on this list can be summed with one image;
All in all, not at all impressed with all the wasted effort put in by all those responsible. Boy that's an awful lot of "all's".
I honestly doubt that the Ministry of Education would endorse a list this shallow and this stupid but then again, I'm an optimist so I may be wrong.
"Only two things are infinite; the Universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein.