No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

I'm sorry, I know it's been ages (almost to the point of being literal) since my last post. You know the saying; "no good deed goes unpunished"? Well it doesn't. When I try to do a good deed, it all goes terribly wrong. A friend of mine was really REALLY down because her grades weren't good. So I hand her my phone to show her some funny pictures. It does the trick but then everyone else start kinda getting interested and no one notices the disciplinary teacher walk in. The next incident is what normally happens should nature take it's course; my phone gets confiscated. Now, my parents are pissed but syukur alhamdulillah I have such great parents so they aren't gonna kill me. Yet.

I don't exactly blame the teacher as he was just doing his job but it is troublesome, especially so close to Eid Il Fitri and all.

Sometimes, these events make being a PRS seem almost not worthy, especially since only the counselors are watching our backs. Although we could use a cutback, but the teachers aren't exactly cutting us any slack either & I don't mean to trash talk especially since it IS Ramadan but our unnecessarily large staff is partially due to our old counselor, Pn. Mariah. Poor her, she was just trying to help but in the end, many of her picks end up abusing their power. Even after being told off, they still do it. Further tarnishing our already tarnished name. Already having the spirit & attitude of a PRS embodied since I was young only makes the saying "no good deed goes unpunished" even more bitter...

Its times like this that I feel like cutting myself off from the rest of the world just to be alone. Even when I have the house to myself, I feel open and unprotected. Whenever I go hiking alone up Tropika Hill beside my house, I feel free, as though not a problem in the world mattered. Ever get that feeling? If not, then you've truly never ever lived ever before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sneakers & Sandals

Dreaming of Edward Cullen, Girls?

Hari Raya Eid il Adha