Sunday, December 20, 2009

Swimming & Balik Kampung

It's been sort of a while since I blogged. I have a lot I want to write but I on Thursday I forgot and on Friday, Saturday & Sunday, I didn't have a secure internet connection. Why? Because I went back to Taiping.

On Thursday, I forgot because I was exhausted. Hehe. That morning, my family and one of my cousins -- he slept over -- went to swimming in Putrajaya. No, not in the lake, but in a/the public swimming pool. I'm not sure how many there are. It was really empty so my family managed to do our laps in peace without people 'berendam' there. I mean, come on, it's a lap pool, not a jacuzzi. You're supposed to SWIM, not soak. Especially to those who REALLY need to lose those pounds.

There I go, straying off again.

So, back to the story, the pool being empty was a really great thing. But the best part was that it was Olympic sized! Woohoo! I know, there are probbably a lot of Olympic sized pools around but I hardly go to any of them and they are always full of people just floating and splashing around. Previously, my family always went to the one in Monterez but the pool is only 25m. Olympic is 50m.

Oh, one more thing about the pool; I did 10 laps back-to-back, non-stop in breast stroke -- a.k.a froggy. I don't like that term...

After that, we went to Alamanda for lunch and I had to wear my swimming shorts again -- good thing that material dries up pretty quick, hehe -- because I forgot to bring a change of pants. Well, not forgot, it just turned out that I had accidentally grabbed Akid's jeans which somehow ended up in my closet. Hmm.

We had lunch in Alamanda and Akid got a pair of finger-less gloves. Akid, Akid. What an Akid. I had to save my own money to buy mine and I had been planning on getting my gloves for a while. Akid just saw them and went "can I?" and )*POOF*( they're in his hands.

The next day, we went back to Taiping and I had a lot of fun. The evening before we left, Alang, Aiman, Akid, Abah & I went to play a bit of rugby -- I borrowed the ball from the coach, hehe -- by the field behind the library. Hehe. It was a lot of fun. It was the cousins & I who wanted to go play rugby but it was Abah who ended up the dirtiest. Hehehehe.

On the journey back, I slept pretty much the whole journey. We left at 7 and soon after, I dozed off. When I woke up, we had pulled over in Tapah for a toilet break and it was 8. After refuelling, I dozed off again and when I woke up, we were approaching KL -- I could already see the skyline -- and it was 9 o'clock. Yes, we made the journey from Taiping to KL in 2 hours. That's pretty standard for us. Well, when we always drive at 160 km/h, it's really no wonder.

We had breakfast at McDonald's Bangar and then did our grocery at TMC.

This is sort of a family tradition actually. Even since before I was small. We would leave Taiping very early -- 7 a.m. by the latest -- , have breakfast at McD then do the grocery at TMC before heading back home.

I wish I had snapped more photos but I didn't. Oh well.

That's all for now, au revoir.

No comments: