Sweeney Todd

I know, I know, its an 'old' movie. But I only recently managed to get to watch it. It's an awesome movie. The singing parts are reminiscent of old Broadway musical-style plays but its refreshing. The plot itself isn't so bad. Keeps you on the edge of your seat. Keeps you guessing.

Johnny Depp & Helena Bonham-Carter's acting were good. Quite good. Johnny Depp obviously can sing better. He's done musicals before. He still talks a bit like a pirate. Especially in the scene when he missed killing Judge Turpin & says "you sir" while on the street.

Helena Bonham-Carter's character is equally interesting. She's madly in love with Sweeney Todd. The way she carried Mrs. Lovett is very fun to watch. I like the scene when she came up with the idea on what to do with the bodies of whom Sweeney Todd had killed. His first kill was that of Senor Perelli a.k.a Davey Collins who once worked with Sweeney Todd before he was imprisoned. I like that scene. The way she just couldn't care less after Sweeney Todd explained why he killed the guy.

The ending is awesomely bloody & gory. There was blood and gore in the whole movie than all 4 Rambo movies. Hehe. In the end, Lucy, Sweeney Todd a.k.a Benjamin Barker, and Mrs. Lovett were dead. As my friend Jeremy Duke once said, "an eye for an eye leaves us all blind".

I know its a very short review but its getting late. Plus, I don't have anything else to say. Sorry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sneakers & Sandals

Dreaming of Edward Cullen, Girls?

The Last Weekend