The Nightlings (Pt. 3)

The next day, a boy approached Maya right after History, while she was packing up. Maya was about to shrug him off when she realized it was one of the boys from the table she was gawking at. Looking at him, she felt her heart suddenly beat erratically. Those eyes, they seemed luminescent somehow.

“Hi. You must be, Maya. I’m Aaron. I was wondering if you would come with me to the fall dance,”


“I’d love to but um... I don’t have anything to wear,” confessed Maya, blushing furiously.

“That can be fixed. So it’s a yes?”

“Yeah,” Maya sighed breathlessly.

As he left, Maya had to struggle to stop herself from hyperventilating. After she took her seat at the cafeteria, Sara suddenly spoke to her.

"I heard you need a dress for the dance. I was thinking why don’t we go tomorrow? I need one too"

"How did you know I was looking for a dress?" although Maya suspected she already knew.

"Aaron told you, didn't he?" blurted Maya.

"I still can’t believe he invited you. He’s quite the gentleman; covering for your dress and everything,"

"What?! So he asked you to pass him the bill or something?"

"Don't be so innocent, just take the offer. So are we going dress hunting tomorrow or what?"

"Fine but I’m driving. I’ll pick you up at 9 a.m. Good thing the dance is on Sunday,"

Back home, Maya went through the day with her mom.

"So can I go?" pleaded Maya.

"I don’t know. I mean after what happened with Jason and all… but only if you promise to stick to the crowds." Maya sealed the deal. The next morning Sara came over. She was driving a sporty 2 door convertible.

"My mom’s car; my brother borrowed mine," she said in response to Maya’s bewilderment.

"So where are we going?"

"I know this spot but it’s out of town. Is that OK with you?"

"Yeah, it’s fine,"

It was a riverside front and the view was unprecedented. They dress hunted for about an hour and after many tryouts, Maya settled for a turquoise Versace gown with spaghetti straps and halter neckline. The dress fell down to her ankles. The slim cut of the dress revealed her form flawlessly. Several store clerks actually stopped to stare. Before paying, Sara scooped up their gowns and headed for the counter. After paying, Sara handed Maya’s gown to her.


"Now it’s time to go hunt for the accessories,” and hooking her arm around Maya’s, Sara dragged her off. After another hour, Maya bought matching earrings, a bracelet, choker and white heels.

By the time they were done it was lunch so they headed to a nice little cafe for a bite. Maya ordered their Irish Lamb Stew, her favorite.

While they were walking back to Sara’s car, they bumped into Aaron. He was dressed in a white form-fitting polo and jeans. The shirt flaunted his lean body very well and it sent Maya’s heart beating erratically again. She was having trouble not to hyperventilate.

"Hi Maya; guess I’ll see you tomorrow night. Is 8 alright?"


"Why 8? Wait, you’re not picking me up are you?"

"Why wouldn't I? See you tomorrow night at 8 then," and he continued on, turning into a music store.

"How am I going to explain this to my mom?" exasperated Maya, giddy.

"Don’t worry, she’ll understand," reassured Sara.

Comments

mia said…
yeah... not bad...cept you failed to capture the full emotion of a female when actually liking a guy... your heart does not just "beat" it has its own earthquake...well, theoreticaly that is.
but i love the fact that you made Aaron sorta more like a normal guy and not so darn innocent and RIGHT.
p.s. valentino makes nice dresses and so does Vera Wang and calvin klein...they dont just make jeans and perfume.
Linamania said…
your story has some twilight esque moments. Like the ppl going gaga over her. Bella moment. And in my opinion you describe clothes better than a girl.
Anonymous said…
hey im wonderin..wen u read twilight, what makes u like it so much?

&& do u prefer edwar more to bella? as in u wish u "had" edward...
Anonymous said…
high 5 rory!
u totally have a taste in fashion

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Weekend

The Final Hour

Dreaming of Edward Cullen, Girls?