Elevator Fun

Being nice and making very gentle comments can be so much fun. Especially if it is face to face. It was yesterday (Sunday, 2nd Nov 08) when my dad, bro and I went to Cold Storage BSC to do our weekly grocery. My dad accidentally parked in a no-parking zone. Since my bro and I had already stepped out, we stayed outside while my dad manoeuvred his CRV into a (valid) parking lot. While he was manoeuvring, some Perdana just pulled in beside him and started manoeuvring too. While waiting for the elevator, my dad and I had a brisk talk over the incident;

"Abah, I'm going to have a word with the driver of the Perdana. He's coming here too, anyway,"
"No, Aqil. It's not worth it,"
"It is to me, Abah."

Then the elevator arrived and my family, the Perdana driver and his wife, along with a Caucasian couple stepped into the elevator. The driver immediately stood behind the elevator buttons. I purposely stepped in last and once the elevator doors closed, I turned to the guy,

"Excuse me, sir. I don't mean to be rude but could you please be a bit more patient next time?"
"I'm sorry, what do you mean?"
"Just now, while my dad was still manoeuvring, you pulled in beside him and started manoeuvring as well. So I just wanted to let you know,"
"Oh, OK. I'm sorry,"

Then my family got off (albeit on the wrong floor) and once the elevator doors closed, all three of us broke out in laughter and truly savoured the moment. It was really, REALLY, worth it. The expression on the guy's face was worth a million times more than if I had shouted at him. Imagine that, a guy in his 40s or 50s being told off about common sense by a 15 year old. That must have really been embarassing. His wife was probably scowling at him the whole day, if not the rest of the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Weekend

The Final Hour

Dreaming of Edward Cullen, Girls?