Umm... Music Anyone?

I don't know what to post. I feel like I have to publish a post but unfortunately, I don't know what to post. I guess I'll talk about the kind of music I like. Yeah, people seem to be a little weirded out at the kind of music I like. I guess in a way I can understand what Rory was trying to say.

Anyway, back on topic; people are always surprised when I say I like Heavy Metal. If you're not, then thank you. For those who were (or are) what is so surprising? Is it because that kind of music is not played in Malaysia? Well, there is something called Internet radio and it is completely free. Well, at least Yahoo! Music LAUNCHcast is. I'm not sure about the rest. Pardon me if that seems shallow. Besides, there are our parents and they DO play a major role in our interests. I have to thank my dad for introducing me to this genre of music. My mom was never a fan of it so my dad had to kinda tone it down a bit.

But once, my mom went to Singapore and I was upset as it was the first time I had to be separated from my mom. The next day, my dad told me to draw all the curtains and close all the doors. After that, my dad popped the Batman Forever -- this one starred Val Kilmer and was one of the better Batman movies -- OST into the CD player & blasted Smash It Up by the Offspring and I really rocked out. Since then my dad suspected I had the Rock 'N' Roll soul but I guess he never said anything 'cause we didn't have any other songs so he couldn't be sure.

Then many, many years later, that changed. It was around the middle of the year and I was in form 1. I did a quiz on Tickle.com and it said my theme song was Back In Black by AC/DC. Back then, I was still listening to Justin Timberlake, a bit of MUSE, My Chemical Romance, Fallout Boy, etc. Anywho, I was listening to it on the PC's headset and I sung some lyrics here and there. My dad overheard me and asked me what I was listening to and I told him (quote) "Back In Black by some band by called AC/DC" My dad immediately came over and told me where I got it. Naturally, I said I downloaded it via Ares, the same way I've downloading songs the past two years or so. He asked me to look for You've Got Another Thing Coming by Judas Priest. Then I was hooked.

Now my playlist consists of mostly 80's Rock. After that, I started using Yahoo! Music LAUNCHcast because Malaysia doesn't have any hardcore 80's Rock stations. Judas Priest, AC/DC and Deep Purple are my all-time favorite bands. I prefer old-school 80's bands compared to the modern ones. Mainly 'cause they've stood the test of time and until now, people can still click with them. Then there's the solo. The old bands rip solos like crazy! Plus, each band has its own sound. Nowadays, you identify the song first then see which band had played it.

Comments

Faez said…
Actually, Malaysia does have many heavy metal rock bands. You jus gotta know where to find them. Try going to the RICE COOKER in kl.

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Weekend

The Final Hour

Dreaming of Edward Cullen, Girls?